The Story

Watch me cook my way through my nanna's legacy to us....her many, many recipes found in a massive pile of very old books and collected pages from her life! These recipes are like an archive from the pre 1940s to the 1980s. My aim is to cook one recipe a week from these. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Defiance Coconut Drops

Nanna obviously cut this recipe off the side of a flour packet. I guess that they printed them on there in those days....or maybe they still do, but I buy generic flour so probably would never know!

Date of Origin


Unknown

The Recipe

If you click on the picture above, you will get a larger version of the original!

Melting the margarine was easy:
The mix looked nice! I love coconut!
Rolling into balls and putting in the oven:
Finished and cooked:
The Hints

It's a pretty straightforward recipe. My only concern was that you have to convert to the metric system.

The Positives

I do love coconut. And my kids liked these so they were good for putting in school lunchboxes.

The Issues


I don't know if I got the conversion correct. I think that they ended up with more a cake-like texture than what they should have!

The rating

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment