The Story

Watch me cook my way through my nanna's legacy to us....her many, many recipes found in a massive pile of very old books and collected pages from her life! These recipes are like an archive from the pre 1940s to the 1980s. My aim is to cook one recipe a week from these. Wish me luck!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Welcome To Cooking Nanna's Recipes

What do you think of when you think of a nanna? For me, I usually think of a little, old lady with grey hair and glasses hunched over her kitchen stove cooking some amazing concoction. My apologies to all of you young looking nanna's reading this, but that is the image that I have of my own nanna who sadly passed away back in 1992.

After she died, my mother managed to rescue a very old pile of cookbooks and recipes that had been ear-marked for dumping. Hooray for quick thinking mothers because a few weeks ago, I nagged her to get them out of the cupboard where she had them stored. What I found was an amazing collection of recipes and tidbits that my nanna had spent years collecting. Sadly, however many of the pages are now starting to break and crack, hence my blog journey has begun.

My aim is to try and recreate one recipe per week from nanna's recipe collection. In the process, I am hoping that I will preserve recipes that would otherwise be lost over time and maybe just manage to keep some alive for generations to come.

So I hope that you will join me on my culinary journey and enjoy my step back into the world of cooking like my nanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment